Norwich is about 10 miles away and is well known for having the best shopping area in the region as well as theatres, restaurants and a vibrant night life. It also has a magnificent cathedral and numerous museums including a castle.
We are close to the Norfolk Broads (Wroxham is approximately 5 miles) where you can hire day boats to soak up the peace and quiet. There are large bird-watching and wildlife reserves which compliment those run by the RSPB from Horsey Mere to Blakeney Point.
The sandy beaches along the coast are also within easy reach, for fun in the sun or a dramatic walk on a winter’s day, a perfect way to gain an appetite. The quiet roads are ideal for cycling and walking and Weavers Way is only 2 miles away.
Blickling Hall and Felbrigg Hall are both within easy driving distance as are other National Trust properties. For those looking for ideas for their gardens East Ruston Old Vicarage and Hoveton Hall gardens are only a short drive away.
For your evening meal there are several very good restaurants within 5 miles, but these are very popular and we suggest that you book in advance. We are willing to arrange reservations if you wish.
How To Find Us
- Leave Norwich on the B1150 towards North Walsham.
- Travel about 8 miles, through Coltishall to Scottow.
- Turn right opposite to North Walsham Rugby Club signposted “Byway to Sloley”.
- Cross staggered junction.
- Turn right opposite thatched farm buildings. The drive is about quarter of a mile long.